OOTD: SWEET LIKE COTTON CANDY

The-Hungarian-Brunette-Coffee-Shop-21-of-34.jpg

Let's be honest here, my 18-year-old self would probably want to kill my current self for writing a blog post called "sweet like cotton candy". She would probably say "Ew, PUKE!" And I mean, I don't blame her. 90% of her closet is black, and the remaining 10% is skinny jeans in various shades of blue.

But that girl has one big fashion problem: She dresses for others. She wears black and simple clothes, because she doesn't want people to think she's dressed like a crazy person.

The-Hungarian-Brunette-Coffee-Shop-26-of-34.jpg

Well, I'm happy to report that that girl is gone. Now, I dress for myself, and wear clothes that are fun and make ME feel good. Some of my favourite adjectives to describe the clothes I love are fun, flirty and feminine. With time, I've learned to embrace the fact that yes, my favourite colour is pink. And I enjoy pink clothes, too. (Evidence HERE & HERE). Too bad if that's a girly colour and I look "dumb" for wearing it.

What makes me really happy lately is looking like a giant ball of cotton candy. Not like huge and fluffy with a cardboard stick up my ass, but more like pastel coloured and sweet... And hopefully looking like a snack, ha!

Since I'm in LA, I also noticed that my approach to style has changed A LOT. I don't really know what happened, but I slowly started wearing less black and grey, and more pink, white, light colours, and even red. It's like these colours blend in more naturally with the sand and the palm trees, you know? Much like people wear bright, vibrant colours in the Caribbean, I feel like lighter colours are meant for SoCal.

To be totally honest, I don't even remember the last time I've bought something black. True, I probably don't need yet another black skirt, or pants, or top. I have a lot of those already. But despite making me sound like a totally different person, I don't even really wear them anymore. The most black I've worn recently is a black bikini and a mesh cover-up to go with it.

A few weeks ago, I wore this outfit for brunch in Venice with my friend Jackie, and it felt like the perfect outfit choice. I wasn't sure about the pastel blue/pink combo at first, but I ended up LOVING it! It was super fun and light, and I felt amazing!

I've had this top for years, but wasn't really wearing it as it's a little bulky around the waist. So I decided to tie it up, and turn the blouse into a crop top! It was perfect with this skirt I got recently from Revolve. It's still available in a few sizes (and in black, too), and it's linked below, along with a few similar options. I have a few pink skirts now, but I feel like I'm always up for a new one!

How about you guys? Are you into a pink skirt? What's your favourite colour to wear? Would you give the cotton candy look a try? Hit me up in the comments below, or come chat on Instagram! If you post a picture of yourself wearing a pastel blue/pink outfit, please tag me on it @thehungarianbrunette and use the hashtag #thbrecreated so I can share your style with my crowd!

Also, it's already Thursday, so I'm gonna wish you guys a great remainder of the week... And a great Friday!

Love, Jenny xx

The-Hungarian-Brunette-Coffee-Shop-22-of-34.jpg
The-Hungarian-Brunette-Coffee-Shop-25-of-34.jpg
The-Hungarian-Brunette-Coffee-Shop-20-of-34.jpg